UK/ EU Students
The thresholds are £524 a week or £2,274 a month (before tax and other deductions). They change on 6 April every year.
You’re paid weekly and your income changes each week. This week your income was £600, which is over the Plan 2 weekly threshold of £524.
Your income was £76 over the threshold (£600 minus £524). You will pay back £6 (9% of £76) this week.
Your annual income is £28,800 and you are paid a regular monthly wage. This means that each month your income is £2,400 (£28,800 divided by 12). This is over the Plan 2 monthly threshold of £2,274.
Your income is £126 over the threshold (£2,400 minus £2,274). You will pay back £11 (9% of £126) each month.
For more details please visit https://www.gov.uk/student-finance
The tuition fee is the amount your university or college charges each year to attend your course. A Tuition Fee Loan covers the cost of your tuition fees. If you’re starting or continuing a course in 2021/22, you can get up to £9,000 to cover the fees of your university or college charges. If you apply for a Tuition Fee Loan you should confirm the fees with your university or college annually. This will make sure you apply to SFE for the correct amount. The Tuition Fee Loan is paid directly to your university or college in three instalments throughout the academic year.
This helps with your living costs and is paid to you in three instalments throughout the academic year. The figures shown below are totals for each academic year.
|Living with parents
|Up to £7,097
|Studying in London and not living with parents
|Up to £11,002
|Studying outside London and not living with parents
|Up to £8,430
|Living and studying abroad for at least one academic term
|Up to £9,654
Whether you qualify for student finance depends on:
- your university or college
- your course
- if you’ve studied a higher education course before
- your age
- your nationality or residency status
You may visit https://www.gov.uk/student-finance for more information.
We help UK & EU citizens, who are financed by SLC, to get Higher Education from United Kingdom’s reputed Universities. We will provide-
- Exam Preparation: To provide you preparation materials and offer the free tests to be successful on the actual exam.
- Interview Preparation: To maximize our students’ chances of passing we can arrange a face to face interview preparation at our office.
- Academic CV & Personal Statement Training: Every week we organize a free workshop on how to write an effective Personal Statement and excellent CV.
- Student Finance Application support: As an EU national, or a family member of an EU national, and Home student you can apply for financial help to cover the cost of tuition fees and maintenance costs while studying in Northern Ireland, England, or Wales depending on SFE’s eligibilities. And our expert team would guide to make the application.
- Free English Lessons: We also provide free academic English lessons to our prospective students.